FINALLY, AN ENVIRONMENTALLY FRIENDLY WAY TO PROTECT YOUR ENTIRE VEHICLE BODY.
Tricare’s E.I.C.C.T., is the most advanced corrosion protection technology available today. Our unique patented surface protection is safe and eco-friendly and is available on all types of trucks, SUV’s, hybrid and electric models.
When installed by your dealer, our corrosion technology slows down the corrosion process by sending a unique AC wave signal onto the sheet metal panels of your entire vehicle, helping to protect all inside and outside sheet metal surface areas.
ONLY OUR PATENTED TECHNOLOGY OFFERS:
- Testing that has proven to reduce the rate of corrosion on automotive sheet metal panels by up to 99.7%.
- The only automotive corrosion technology to be published in a highly reputable science journal.
- A comprehensive warranty that extends well beyond what the manufacturer offers.
- A patented pulse-wave signal that is harmless to you and your vehicle.
- The most environmentally friendly corrosion solution available today.
- Protection against areas rust chemical spray could never protect.
- Total corrosion perforation (hole) protection.
ONLY OUR PATENTED TECHNOLOGY OFFERS:
- Canadian #2,558,790
- Canadian #2,474,444
- Canadian #2,364,750
- US #7,198,706 C1
- US #6,875,336
- Taiwan #I 359210
- China #ZL 200510069527.0
- Hong Kong #HK 1084982
- Australian - AU #10/846,598
- European - EP Patent No. 1598445
Warranties vary, ask your selling dealer for specific warranty coverages.
Since Final Coat (manufacturer of E.I.C.C.T.) open their R&D Laboratory in 2007, Final Coat has invested millions to create what has been described as “a unique facility with no peer anywhere in the world,” by Dr. Digby Macdonald, formerly Distinguished Professor of Materials Science and Engineering Director for Electrochemical Science and Technology at Pennsylvania State University.
Studies at R&D laboratory in Hartville, Ohio allow us to isolate and control almost every variable in corrosion testing. This ongoing investment in technology has yielded significant advancements such as our latest generation ™-3000 module, which draws only 0.3 milliamps of current from a vehicle’s battery. We are still unlocking the tremendous potential of our Electromagnetic Induction Corrosion Control Technology (E.I.C.C.T.) and are committed to advancing both the pure science and its application to the automotive industry.
We employ two full-time scientists to lead our corrosion research. Dr. Michael Lewis invented the tech- nology in 1997 and was hired by Final Coat in 2004. Dr. Jason McLafferty joined in 2009. Both scien- tists, plus two full-time lab assistants, work under the guidance of a world-class corrosion scientist, Dr. Digby Macdonald.
DR. MICHAEL E. LEWIS, PHD - Inventor, Physicist
is the inventor of E.I.C.C.T. and the leader of R&D Department, with a PhD in Physics from Kent State University in 1987. Dr. Lewis has twenty-two patents and invented a new electronic corrosion reduction method in 1997. He has designed various environmental chambers and a Raman spectrometer for surface chemical analysis. While with Cisco Systems, he led a communications systems engineering group where he directed the architectural design of digital signal processing integrated circuits for digital communications and was responsible for the design and direction of several large scale communications computer simulations. As a faculty member and consultant, Dr. Lewis has directed a multidisciplinary materials science research effort to study the relationship between the molecular structure and the third-order optical nonlinearity of metal organic polymers and monomers and has worked extensively in the fields of laser physics, optoelectronics, optical modulation and liquid crystal physics.
DR. JASON MCLAFFERTY, PHD - Scientist, Electrochemist
has a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry from Penn State Erie, the Behrend College. He then worked at Alcoa’s Research Laboratories and became interested in electrochemistry. Based on this interest, he decided to do his doctoral dissertation research with Dr. Digby Macdonald in the Department of Materials Science and Engineering at Pennsylvania State University. He co-wrote two invention disclosures on Regeneration of Sodium Borohydride. Jason graduated with his PhD in Materials Science and Engineering from Pennsylvania State University with dissertation research in electrochemistry. In 2009, he joined Dr. Michael Lewis at our research facility to explore the electrochemical side of our patented technology.
DR. ENRIQUE MAYA-VISUET - Scientist, Corrosion Engineer
iolds a doctorate degree in Chemical Engineering and Materials Science, specializing in Electrochemistry from The University of Akron. He also holds Master and Bachelor level degrees in Corrosion/Metallurgy from the National Autonomous University of Mexico. From 2011 to 2015, he worked as a PhD Research Assistant at The University of Akron. In that role, he led and conducted research in the development of coating systems and material selection for corrosive environments, employing mathematical simulations. Selected project experience includes materials selection for Cargill Inc., electrochemical coating evaluation for PPG Industries, and damage evolution characterization for Tesla NanoCoatings Inc. Dr. Maya-Visuet’s research and publications to date have been focused on the effects of pigmentation on polyurethane/polysiloxane hybrid coatings, electrochemical characterization of select stainless steel alloys in the presence of chloride and bromide solutions, and the effect of chloride ions on the electrochemical performance of stainless steel alloys in concrete and simulated concrete-pore solutions. Dr. Maya-Visuet has also presented several papers for both NACE International and Electrochemical Society conferences. He is a member of NACE International, ASM International, and The Electrochemical Society.
PETROS Z. GIATIS - Engineering, Electrical Engineer
has a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering Technology from the University of Akron. From 2000 to 2013 was the lead RF Hardware Engineer at Cisco Systems. While at Cisco designed and developed world class LAN Hardware and RF detector circuits and received his first patent, United States Patent number 7,760,024, “System and method for increasing accuracy of transmitter power detection over a larger range of output power levels”. Hired by Pepperl-Fuchs 2013 as their R&D manager over a team of 17 engineers until May 2017. Along with this he started his own wireless speaker company which was later sold in 2015. Petros has also consulted for Summit Racing, AutoTechnica and Summa Health Systems.
DR. DIGBY MACDONALD, PHD - Scientist, Corrosion Consultant
is one of the world’s leading corrosion scientists and Professor in Residence in the Departments of Nuclear Engineering and Materials Science and Engineering at University of California at Berkeley. From 2003 to 2012, he was a Distinguished Professor of Materials Science and Engineering Director for the Center for Electrochemical Science and Technology at Penn State University. Dr. Macdonald has published over 900 papers in scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. He is the author of a book entitled “Transient Techniques in Electrochemistry” and holds 9 patents. In 2003, Dr. Macdonald received the highest award in the field of corrosion science and engineering – the U.R. Evans Award from the Institute of Corrosion in the United Kingdom. In 2011, he was nominated for the Nobel Prize in Chemistry. Dr. Macdonald holds a B.Sc. (1965) and M.Sc. (1966) in Chemistry, University of Auckland (New Zealand) and Ph.D. in Chemistry (1969), University of Calgary (Canada).
- 1/2013 – present: Professor in Residence, University of California at Berkeley.
- 6/2003 – 12/2012: Distinguished Professor of Materials Science and Engineering, Penn State University.
- 6/2001 – 6/2003: Chair, Metals Program, Penn. State University.
- 7/99 – 12/2012: Director, Center for Electrochemical Sci. & Tech., Penn. State University.
- 1/98 – 7/99: Vice President, Physical Sciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA.
- 7/91-3/2000: Director, Center for Advanced Materials, Penn. State University.
- 7/91 – 6/03: Professor, Materials Science and Engineering, Penn. State University.
- 4/87 - 7/91: Deputy Director, Physical Sciences Division, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA.
- 3/84 – 4/87: Laboratory Director, Chemistry Laboratory, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA.
- 3/79 – 3/84: Director and Professor, Fontana Corrosion Center, Ohio State University.
- 3/77 – 3/79: Senior Metallurgist, SRI International, Menlo Park, CA.
- 3/75 – 3/77: Senior Research Associate, Alberta Research Ltd/University of Calgary, Canada.
- 4/72 – 3/75: Lecturer in Chemistry, Victoria University of Wellington, New Zealand.
HONORS AND ASSOCIATIONS
- 1983: Research Award, College of Engineering, Ohio State University.
- 1985: Selector of the Kuwait Prize for Applied Sciences.
- 1991: The Carl Wagner Memorial Award from The Electrochemical Society.
- 1992: The Willis Rodney Whitney Award from The National Association of Corrosion Engineers.
- 1992: Chair, Gordon Research Conference on Corrosion, New Hampshire.
- 1993: W.B. Lewis Memorial Lecture by Atomic Energy of Canada, Ltd., “in recognition of [his] contributions to the development of nuclear power in the service of mankind”.
- 1994: Elected Fellow, NACE-International.
- 1993-1997: Member, USAF Scientific Advisory Board, Protocol Rank: DE-4 (Lieutenant General equivalent).
- 1995: Elected Fellow, The Electrochemical Society.
- 1996: Elected Fellow, Royal Society of Canada. (“National Academy” of Canada).
- 1996: Wilson Research Award, College of Earth and Minerals Sciences, Pennsylvania State University.
- 1997: Elected Fellow, Royal Society of New Zealand. (“National Academy” of New Zealand).
- 2001: H. H. Uhlig Award, Electrochemical Society.
- 2003: U. R. Evans Award, British Corrosion Institute; Elected Fellow, Institute of Corrosion (UK); Appointed Adjunct Professor, Massey University, New Zealand; Appointed Adjunct Professor, University of Nevada at Reno.
- 2004: Elected Fellow, World Innovation Foundation.
- 2005: Elected Fellow, ASM International.
- 2006: Elected Fellow, International Society of Electrochemistry.
Feb. 2007: Khwarizmi International Award Laureate in Fundamental Science.
- 2007-2010 Trustee, ASM International.
- 2010: Appointed Chair Professor, King Fahd University of Petroleum and Minerals, Dhahran, Saudi Arabia.
- 2010: Recipient, Lee Hsun Research Award, Chinese Academy of Sciences, China.
- 2011: Inducted Doctuer Honoris Causa by INSA-Lyon, Lyon, France.
- 2011: Nominated for Nobel Prize in Chemistry.
- 2012: Awarded the Faraday Memorial Trust Gold Medal.
- 2013: Awarded the Gibbs Award in Thermodynamics by IAPWS.
- 2014: Awarded the Frumkin Memorial Medal in Fundamental Electrochemistry by the International Society of Electrochemistry.
- 2015: Olin Pladium Award for Distinguish Contributions to the Field of Electrochemical or Corrosion Science.
Specially formulated to protect your interior surfaces against permanent stains from food and beverages.
This eco-friendly product provides a powerful and invisible barrier that remains effective even after numerous spills, with no change to the natural look and feel of the interior surface of your seats, carpet and dashboard.
WARRANTED AGAINST PERMANENT DAMAGE:
Accidental spills, or stains
Accidental rips, tears, or burns.
FLOURO ACRYLATE POLYMER
Our fabric protection has an active ingredient of flouro acrylate polymer. This creates a long lasting layer of protection that penetrates and adheres to the fabric.
POLYMER RESIN FORMULA
Our leather protection is a polymer resin formula with mixtures of organic compounds. This creates a long lasting layer of protection that penetrates and adheres to the leather.
Warranties vary, ask your selling dealer for specific warranty coverages.
Originally designed for aviation, adapted for today's automotive finishes our paint protection helps to keep your vehicle looking show-room new.
PROTECTS AGAINST THE EFFECTS OF:
- Bird droppings
- Tree sap
- Road tar
- Acid rain
- Industrial fallout
- Excessive oxidation
- Loss of gloss or fading
HOW TO MAINTAIN YOUR PAINT FINISH
To maintain your paint finish, simply wash and dry your car as required using a car wash soap. Do not use detergents or dish washing liquids, as these are high in alkaline and will damage your finish.
If you want to wax your car, use an automotive wax that does not contain compounds or grit which may damage your paint finish. We cannot recommend specific brands or types of waxes, as we are not sure of their individual chemical makeup. Some waxes include compounds that remove the top layer of oxidized clear coat – this will remove your sealant.
It’s always a big step, but you’ve just decided to buy or lease that car, truck or SUV you’ve been wanting. Now is the time to make another decision; one that may free you from many of the financial worries that come with vehicle ownership and the rising costs of mechanical repairs that occur after the manufacturer’s warranty expires.
With the purchase of TRICARE coverage, your satisfaction with your vehicle can continue for years and kilometres to come, knowing that you’re protected from many unexpected repairs not covered by the manufacturer’s original warranty. TRICARE provides coverage for mechanical breakdown repairs beyond the manufacturer’s original warranty, so that you can choose the plan that best suits your driving and financial needs.
Features & Benefits
Emergency Roadside Assistance - Towing, Jump Starts, Lockout, Flat Tire Changes and Fluid Delivery Assistance and Concierge Service (up to a maximum of $150 per occurrence)
Trip Interruption Coverage - In the event of a breakdown occurring over 160km from home, and covered by the contract, you may be eligible for up to $75 per day toward food and lodging if the vehicle must remain overnight in the repair facility (up to a maximum of 3 days).
Car Rental Allowance - You may be reimbursed up to $40 per day for a rental vehicle (up to a maximum of 6 days) any time a covered component fails and your vehicle is kept overnight at a repair facility.
Transferable - If the vehicle is sold privately during the term of the contract, the remaining Tricare coverage may be transferred to the new owner.
Credit Card Payment Option - Remain covered in the event you are unable to return to your Tricor dealer and are at a licensed repair facility that would like immediate payment.
Customer Loyalty Program - If the Tricare contract is still in force and the vehicle is traded in, you may be eligible to redeem the unused portion and apply it towards a Tricare contract on your next vehicle.
North America - Wide Service - All Tricare plans are covered across Canada and the continental United States.
Purchasing a vehicle is an exciting time. You’ve budgeted and saved wisely for your new investment, and now it’s time to make another important decision that will protect your financial obligation. Whether you are financing or leasing your vehicle, there are several options available to help protect your good credit and your family.
Credit Life Insurance
- Pays off the balance of your vehicle loan obligation in the event of death.
- Leaves your estate with the asset of the vehicle vs. the liability of the debt.
- Maintains the value of all your other insurance policies.
- It’s Affordable Peace of Mind.
Sickness & Injury
- Makes your vehicle loan payment for you if you are unable to work at your job.
- Confinement to your home or hospitalization not necessary.
- Benefits will continue until you can return to your job.
- Pays in addition to any workplace or private plans.
- Pays off the balance of your vehicle loan in the event of: heart attack, stroke, malignant cancer, paralysis, organ transplant or bypass surgery.
- Most people survive their Critical Illness. With your vehicle loan paid off, any additional insurance benefits can be directed to where you need it most.
Please see your Certificate of Insurance for the specific terms, conditions, limitations and exclusions that apply to your coverage.
"Flat Tires" are the main cause of vehicle breakdowns.
Most of us use our tires far longer than the manufacturer's warranty provides coverage. Tricor offers extended warranty coverage on tires and rims, including balancing and roadside assistance.
Your Tire & Rim Protection Plan Offers Maximum Benefits:
- 100% direct reimbursement for 'FLAT' tires and rim repair
- No pro-rating / zero deductible
- Covers all taxes plus cost for mounting and balancing
- Pays up to $100 in emergency road service charges
- Covers all tires on your vehicle for the entire term of your contract
Benefits of Nitrogen Filled Tires
Using nitrogen to fill your tires, which has been done for years in race cars, commercial airliners and long distance trucks, allows tires to retain correct pressure much longer. Nitrogen's larger molecules prevent it from seeping out of a tire as quickly as air.
Extends Tire Life
Nitrogen filled tires stay inflated almost 4 times as long as air filled tires. If tires leak less, they stay properly inflated longer which prevents premature tire wear.
Improves Fuel Efficiency
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration advises that gas mileage can be improved significantly by keeping vehicle tires within the recommended pressure range.
Most drivers rarely check tire pressure, as a result, tires are often under-inflated. This can lead to tire failure such as tread separation, blowouts and flat tires.
Properly inflated tires improve the steering, stopping, traction and load-carrying capability of your vehicle.
Tire & Rim Protection
Coverage for the repair of flat tire(s) and/or damaged rims (or, where repair is not possible, replacement) due to a Road Hazard. You are also covered for the costs of mounting, balancing and all applicable taxes.Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
Tire & Rim Protection with Cosmetic Wheel Repair
Coverage for the repair of flat tire(s) and/or damaged rims (or, where repair is not possible, replacement) due to a Road Hazard. Includes Cosmetic Wheel damage caused by a Road Hazard or by contact with curbs or fixed items on the roadway.Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
KEY & REMOTE REPLACEMENT
Coverage for the replacement of your Key/Remote if it is accidentally lost, stolen, or destroyed. Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
TIRE & WHEEL PROTECTION
Flat tires are the most common cause of vehicle breakdown. Coverage is provided for flat tires and damaged rims due to a road hazard.
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)
Coverage for the repair of minor dings and/or dents on the outer body panels of the vehicle provided the ding or dent is repairable under the PDR process. Bonus Coverage: Includes a one-time claim up to $500.00 towards your insurance deductible for Hail/Acorn damage.
Coverage to repair an exterior painted body panel that is accidentally scratched and the scratch is greater than 2 inches in diameter.
Available only in Level I, II and Commercial
Coverage for reasonable costs to repair minor stone chips or cracks up to 6 inches in length due to Road Hazard damage to the front windshield. This service will not pay for windshield replacement.
Available only in Level I and II
Headlight/Tail Light/Fog Light Protection
Coverage for headlights, fog lights and tail lights that are damaged as a result of a Road Hazard. Bonus Coverage: If a lens fades or yellows, it will be reconditioned to a maximum benefit allowance of up to $100.
Available only in Level II
Rips,Tears & Burns
Coverage to repair the damaged area if a seat accidentally rips, tears or burns.
Coverage for the cleaning of a seat that becomes accidentally soiled.
Available only in Level II
Coverage for the repair of minor stone chips or cracks due to Road Hazard damage to the front windshield. If the damage is not repairable, a one-time claim up to $1000 can be paid to replace the windshield or towards your Insurance deductible.
Available only in Level II
CAR RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT
Keep moving, even when your car can’t. If your vehicle remains in the Dealership or Repair Facility for greater than one day as a result of your covered Tricare Plus repair, you will be reimbursed up to $40 per occurrence.
* Ask your dealer for more details regarding qualifications, conditions, requirements and pre-owned vehicle coverage.
*Windshield Repair and Windshield Replacement are not available in AB, SK, MB, YT, NT or NU