Protects you from the rising cost of mechanical and electronic repairs to your vehicle. Tricare Ultimate Protect ensures worry-free ownership for years and kilometres to come and shields you from the cost of unexpected repairs beyond the manufacturer’s original warranty. Added benefits include roadside assistance, substitute transportation allowance and a fast, efficient claims process.
Protection From Unexpected Repairs
It’s comforting to know that having this coverage will protect you from inflation and the ever-rising cost of mechanical or electronic repairs. Tricare Ultimate Protect allows you to enjoy your vehicle worry-free for years and kilometres to come. The average Canadian driver will own their car well beyond the expiry of the manufacturer’s limited warranty coverage. Today’s vehicles are loaded with sophisticated mechanical, electronic and computer systems. When any of these systems fail, the cost of repairs is always unexpected and most people do not budget for these large expenses.
Emergency Roadside Assistance Services Include:
Towing, Jump-Starts, Lockouts, Flat Tire Changes, Fluid Delivery Assistance and Concierge Service. Our highly trained team is at your disposal 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Towing - Towing services will be provided to you as part of our Emergency Roadside Assistance Program. We will pay up to $250 to tow your vehicle back to your selling dealership.
- Trip Interruption Coverage - In the event of a breakdown occurring over 160 kilometres from home, and covered by the contract, we will reimburse you for up to $125 per day toward food and lodging if the vehicle must remain overnight in the repair facility, up to a maximum of 3 days.
- Transportation Allowance - We will reimburse you up to $40 per day for almost any kind of substitute transportation from the date of the covered breakdown to the date the repair is completed.
- Immediate Credit Card Payment - We make a credit card payment to the repair facility less any deductible for the covered repairs so that you are not out of pocket and there is no waiting period for reimbursement.
- Easily Transferable - If the vehicle is sold privately during the term of the contract, the remaining Tricare Ultimate Protect coverage may be transferred to the new owner.
- Customer Loyalty Program - At trade-in time, you may be eligible to redeem the unused portion of your policy and apply it towards the purchase of a new Tricare contract on your next vehicle.
- North America—Wide Service - All Tricare plans are covered across Canada and the continental United States.
Tire & Rim Protection
Coverage for the repair of flat tire(s) and/or damaged rims (or, where repair is not possible, replacement) due to a Road Hazard. You are also covered for the costs of mounting, balancing and all applicable taxes.Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
Tire & Rim Protection with Cosmetic Wheel Repair
Coverage for the repair of flat tire(s) and/or damaged rims (or, where repair is not possible, replacement) due to a Road Hazard. Includes Cosmetic Wheel damage caused by a Road Hazard or by contact with curbs or fixed items on the roadway.Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
KEY & REMOTE REPLACEMENT
Coverage for the replacement of your Key/Remote if it is accidentally lost, stolen, or destroyed. Bonus Coverage: Includes Trip Interruption Benefit
TIRE & WHEEL PROTECTION
Flat tires are the most common cause of vehicle breakdown. Coverage is provided for flat tires and damaged rims due to a road hazard.
Paintless Dent Repair (PDR)
Coverage for the repair of minor dings and/or dents on the outer body panels of the vehicle provided the ding or dent is repairable under the PDR process. Bonus Coverage: Includes a one-time claim up to $500.00 towards your insurance deductible for Hail/Acorn damage.
Coverage to repair an exterior painted body panel that is accidentally scratched and the scratch is greater than 2 inches in diameter.
Available only in Level I, II and Commercial
Coverage for reasonable costs to repair minor stone chips or cracks up to 6 inches in length due to Road Hazard damage to the front windshield. This service will not pay for windshield replacement.
Available only in Level I and II
Headlight/Tail Light/Fog Light Protection
Coverage for headlights, fog lights and tail lights that are damaged as a result of a Road Hazard. Bonus Coverage: If a lens fades or yellows, it will be reconditioned to a maximum benefit allowance of up to $100.
Available only in Level II
Rips,Tears & Burns
Coverage to repair the damaged area if a seat accidentally rips, tears or burns.
Coverage for the cleaning of a seat that becomes accidentally soiled.
Available only in Level II
Coverage for the repair of minor stone chips or cracks due to Road Hazard damage to the front windshield. If the damage is not repairable, a one-time claim up to $1000 can be paid to replace the windshield or towards your Insurance deductible.
Available only in Level II
CAR RENTAL REIMBURSEMENT
Keep moving, even when your car can’t. If your vehicle remains in the Dealership or Repair Facility for greater than one day as a result of your covered Tricare Plus repair, you will be reimbursed up to $40 per occurrence.
* Ask your dealer for more details regarding qualifications, conditions, requirements and pre-owned vehicle coverage.
*Windshield Repair and Windshield Replacement are not available in AB, SK, MB, YT, NT or NU
Offers unrivaled protection against many common environmental hazards such as UV rays and corrosion that cause damage to your vehicle.
Electromagnetic Rust Inhibitor Module
Fighting rust is a must! Take advantage of an effective and eco-friendly method to protect the body of your vehicle from the damaging effects of corrosion.
Despite advances in auto manufacturing, you need corrosion protection that goes beyond the manufacturer’s limited rust warranty. Our environmentally friendly Electromagnetic Rust Inhibitor module offers the most advanced corrosion protection available and works on all vehicles, including hybrid and electric models.
ONLY OUR PATENTED TECHNOLOGY OFFERS:
- Testing that has proven to reduce the rate of corrosion on automotive sheet metal panels by up to 99.7%.
- The only automotive corrosion technology to be published in a highly reputable science journal.
- A comprehensive warranty that extends well beyond what the manufacturer offers.
- A patented pulse-wave signal that is harmless to you and your vehicle.
- The most environmentally friendly corrosion solution available today.
- Protection against areas rust chemical spray could never protect.
- Total corrosion perforation (hole) protection.
ONLY OUR PATENTED TECHNOLOGY OFFERS:
- Canadian #3,118,018
- Canadian #2,558,790
- US #7,198,706 C1
- US #11,598,010 B2
- Taiwan #I 359210
- China #ZL 200510069527.0
- Hong Kong #HK 1084982
- Australian - AU #10/846,598v
- European - EP Patent No. 1598445
Warranties vary, ask your selling dealer for specific warranty coverages.
Tricare TCX Paint Protection
Our advanced Carbon Polymeric Paint Coating offers the best exterior paint protection available in the industry. Tricare TCX is an eco-friendly exterior paint treatment free from volatile organic compounds (VOCs) and specifically formulated to bond directly to your vehicle’s clear-coat finish.
Professionally applied by trained technicians, this protection provides a lasting protective barrier and creates a smooth, easy-to-clean surface that resists adhesion and protects against the damaging effects of ultraviolet (UV) rays.
Tricare CeramX Paint Protection
Tricare CeramX is the next evolution in maintaining any vehicle’s paint finish. Our specialized Silicon Carbide Ceramic Coating was engineered by the same scientist that brought clear-coat technology to automotive paint. As such, our formulation has been specifically designed to activate with the clearcoat of any vehicle, forming a more hydrophobic durable extension of its paint instead of residing on top as many other silicon dioxide ceramic and polymer products do.
Both Tricare TCX and Tricare CeramX protect against permanent paint damage from:
- Tree sap
- Bird droppings
- Road tar
- Acid rain
- Industrial fallout
- Oxidation and loss of gloss
A one-time, permanent treatment for interior surfaces of the vehicle, including seats, armrests, headrests, carpets, dashboards and door panels.
The special formula works equally well on both leather and fabric and does not change the natural feel or look of your interior. It provides a powerful and invisible barrier that remains effective even after numerous spills.
The treatment protects your vehicle’s interior against permanent stains from food, beverages, oil, grease, urine or similar liquids. As an added bonus, it includes coverage for accidental rips, tears and burns on seats, headrests, interior cloth, carpets and the dashboard.
The Tricare Cosmetic Rust Warranty is automatically applied with the purchase and application of both the Electromagnetic Corrosion Protection Module (TC-4000 or BHP-5000) and TCX Paint Protection.
What our warranty includes:
2-part warranty: The first part of the warranty is defined as a paint bubble on the painted outer-body sheet metal panel where no rust and/or bare metal is showing and the paint is not broken, cracked, split, chipped, peeled, delaminated, flaked, worn off or missing around or leading up to the paint bubble.
The second part of this warranty coverage is defined as surface rust damage where the paint is missing, and the surface rust area is at least two centimeters in diameter or larger. The covered areas of your vehicle are the outer-body sheet metal panels — ones that are finish-painted and that someone can see when walking around the vehicle. These areas are the roof, rear quarter panels and front fenders. The doors, engine hood, trunk lid and tailgate are also covered for paint bubbling and cosmetic rust damage that is visible from the exterior of the vehicle, when these panels are in their closed position.
Protects You From the Risk of Negative Equity
Negative equity occurs when the amount still owing on the finance contract is greater than the amount paid out by your insurance company in the event of a total loss. This difference is often referred to as the “GAP.”
A vehicle can be declared a total loss when:
- The cost to repair it exceeds the assessed value of the vehicle
- The vehicle is so damaged that repairing it is deemed unsafe
- The vehicle is stolen and not recovered
In the unfortunate event your vehicle is deemed a total loss, Tricare Loss Protect saves you from incurring large out-of-pocket expenses by covering the “GAP” between what your insurance company pays and the balance you may owe on your finance contract.
Covers the Void Left by Your Primary Vehicle Insurance Company
Tricare Loss Protect provides the top-up coverage to your insurer’s total loss payout and offers affordable peace of mind to deal with life’s unexpected challenges.
- Up to $50,000Includes any refinanced amount from a previous finance contract up to the maximum policy limit.
- $500 loyalty creditGood towards the price of a replacement vehicle when purchased from the original selling dealer or any other dealership within that dealer’s ownership group.
- Up to $1,000 creditTo cover insurance deductible in the event of a total loss.
Provides a monetary benefit towards the purchase of a replacement vehicle if your vehicle is stolen and not recovered.
Protect Your Vehicle From Theft
The Insurance Bureau of Canada (IBC) theft analysts suspect that many vehicles are targeted as part of a trade-based money-laundering scheme. The 20% recovery rate of stolen vehicles indicates the involvement of organized crime rings who commit auto thefts, and use the proceeds to fund criminal activities.
Thieves generally steal vehicles for one of three reasons:
- To sell abroad: Stolen vehicles are often shipped abroad, where they are sold for many times their original market value.
- To sell to unsuspecting consumers: Stolen vehicles may be given a false vehicle identification number (VIN) and then sold to unsuspecting consumers. These vehicles can also be dismantled and sold for parts.
- To commit another crime: Stolen vehicles used to commit other crimes are often recovered—abandoned and badly damaged—within 48 hours of their theft.
Thieves Avoid Vehicles That Are Traceable
Replacing the etched components of the vehicle is too time-consuming and too expensive to be profitable.
BUT if your vehicle is stolen
- A Benefit of $3,500 This benefit is paid should your vehicle be stolen and not recovered in 30 days, or if the vehicle is recovered but is damaged to the extent it is determined to be a total loss.
- 5% Discount In the event your vehicle is stolen and recovered in a damaged condition but is not a total loss, you will be entitled to a 5% discount (maximum value of $500) on vandalism repairs at your issuing Tricor dealership.
- Reimbursed for Actual Expenses If you are travelling more than 150 kilometres from your home and your vehicle is stolen, you will be reimbursed for actual receipted expenses as follows, provided a replacement vehicle is acquired:- $30 per day for substitute transportation for a maximum of 20 days- $80 per day for room and board for a maximum of 5 days
- Airfare If your vehicle is stolen more than 750 kilometres from your home, you will be entitled to reimbursement for a one-way airfare ticket (maximum value of $600).